CUE Art Foundation is a dynamic visual arts center dedicated to creating essential career and educational opportunities for emerging and under-recognized artists of all ages. Through exhibitions, studio residencies, arts education, and public programs, CUE provides artists and audiences with sustaining and meaningful experiences and resources.
CUE's programs include:
• Solo exhibitions, with corresponding catalogues, for emerging and under-recognized artists
• Open calls for exhibition proposals from emerging curators
• Exhibitions in partnership with the Joan Mitchell Foundation
• Professional development workshops for artists
• Studio-based arts education programs for high school students
• Internships for high school and college students
• Mentorship for emerging art critics
• on-verge: a contemporary art criticism blog publishing work by emerging writers
• The Space Program: a Brooklyn-based studio residency in partnership with the Marie Walsh Sharpe Art Foundation
CUE was founded by a group of visionary and entrepreneurial art enthusiasts who wanted to showcase a diverse spectrum of visual artists in New York City. Their passion for art came about in very personal ways. Some witnessed friends and relatives struggle to gain recognition as artists, while others had a lifetime of art experiences that profoundly shaped their outlook on life and their desire to witness art activity as it happens. Since 2003, CUE's founders have remained dedicated to artists at all stages of their careers.